About Our club
Our Club was formed officially in 1956 and was known as Sylvania Heights Sports Club. It grew from a group of people who had been playing cricket together for several years in the area.
In the beginning, matches were played on the oval at Canberra Road. As the area developed and the Club grew, a field was developed on the current site in Box Road, Sylvania Heights, where we now have two fields and a new amenities block.
From six teams in 1959, the Club has continued to grow thanks to the dedication of many parents who have put in many volunteer hours in all types of weather to make it the successful club that it is today.
Many Sylvania players have represented Sutherland Shire at both junior and senior levels.
The Club has been fortunate to have been led by some fine Chairmen, including – Fred Lindsay, Jim Hardy, Harry Goodman, Ron Lawrence, Ron Rutherford, Brian Champness, Tom Condie and Frank Goodbun.
Extracted from Sutherland Shire Junior Soccer Football Association “Reflections” 50th Anniversary booklet, 2 May, 2003.